Where I Started

Where I Started
This is how my Roadrunner looked when I bought it

Friday, January 7, 2011

Getting Started

I purchased this 1970 Roadrunner off of Ebay in 2006. I have always loved cars and have done all of my own work on them. I used to restore cars for other people to make a little extra money. But now I wanted to do one for me. I thought I would buy a 69 and 1/2 SuperBee 440 6 pack like I had when I was in high school, but there were none to be found ( at a price I could afford ) so I looked at Roadrunners. I found this one close to home. When I went and picked it up I was informed that the fender tag was missing. OK so it won't be a numbers matching car. But I thought "why not make it into what I wanted". It started out as a 383/335 automatic in the column. Drum brakes. Other than that nothing special.
 Where it will be when I am finished is:
440 Six Pack
4 Speed
Air Grabber Hood
Dana 60 rear end
Trail Duster stripes.

No comments:

Post a Comment