Where I Started

Where I Started
This is how my Roadrunner looked when I bought it

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Engine

I got the block, heads and 6pack intake from eBay. They were sold by gdmusclecarparts3wng, advertised as "good", ready to bolt on. When I took them off the crate and started to examine them the heads were junk! The valves were rusted open or closed and the exhaust studs were broken off. I had to replace all of the vales, valve guides and 11 of the 16 seats. The block was usable with one exception. IT HAD 383 MAIN CAPS!!!!! When I contacted the seller he said ya they are cores. The ad didn't have the word "core" in it anywhere. He refused to do anything. I contacted eBay and Pay Pal, they were both worthless. So I don't buy anything used from eBay any more. If you see him selling anything on eBay, I'd run,run as fast as you can.
Well, live and learn.

1 comment:

  1. You are so right he is a really untrustworthy seller STAY AWAY!!
    Sorry to hear about your dealings

    ReplyDelete