Where I Started

Where I Started
This is how my Roadrunner looked when I bought it

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

1st I had to build a shop

I knew this was going to take a long time to restore and I had no place to do the work. So I had to build a shop. You can see it in the background Of this picture. It is 20x30. I built it myself with the help of my girl friend and sons. It was to be a steel building. I had the foundation and floor poured for it. There are keyways on the long sides to support the arches, but as we were putting it up we had a very strong wind storm that twisted and tore down the arches we had put up. My girl friend suggested that we build a conventional building. I'm glad she did. I think it turned out better than the Quonset style I had bought. The only thing I wish we had changed was the door location. I wish we had cut the keyways away on one side and put two doors on the long wall. Oh well hindsight.

1 comment:

  1. Can you tell me more about the shop, I want to build one myself

    ReplyDelete